Thursday, June 25, 2009

Minneapolis, ya'll! Part 2: Nimble Fingers

Minneapolis is my former home. It's dear to my heart and it took me far too long (nearly 8 years) to return after moving to North Carolina. I found the city as beautiful as ever with old lovely buildings, charming ancient industrial landscape, creative people doing interesting things...

It was so neat to be able to see the great new stuff happening.

Sew-and-Sew

My gal pal Stephanie and her partner in stitchy crime Leighann have started the Nimble Fingers Sewing School. Here they are meeting in the Mill District Arts Gallery:

This is how I spent my first night in Minneapolis, with this lovely girl gang from way back in the Oak Street Cinema days, talking stitches and working on Chris's embroidered heart project for his wedding present.

No comments: